Monday 21 September 2009

Further Evidence of Event Horizons


Its been a long gap in blog entries. Although the crochet masses have been multiplying, I have been a bit short on inspiration.
I have been accepted as a fellow associate of a group of artists called Fibre Art Wales`. I am honored to be member number thirteen, which is a fine number.
`Journeys`, opens at the Rhonda Heritage park on Saturday 26th September and will show work from the members of Fibre Art Wales including my piece `Event Horizon`. I am chuffed to bits! This is how I left the installation today, but I need to edit the DVD and tape down the black wires that are visible.
The piece investigates the identity of the singular, when challenged with infinite repitition and multiplication.

2 comments:

  1. congratulations thirteen!
    this piece is right up my alley.
    i'm going to assume "chuffed to bits" means excited?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shiborigirl, I think I have only just seen this comment, sorry. Yeh `Chuffed to bits` is a bit of London Slang. Lived in Wales for 17 years but still sound South London. Proud and flattered.

    ReplyDelete