Thursday 1 October 2009

Cultivated Meditation

Portrate Panorama.
Over 300 `Pods`



I love the Panarama facilcity on my camera. It gives not just an extended width or height , but that elegant curve to the images. The lower picture is of `Event Horizon`, an installation at the Rhondda Heritage park, up in the valleys of mid Wales. It`s a beautiful light gallery at the top of the visitors centre.
This is my first exhibition with the group `Fibre Art Wales`. Its good to be part of a group, isolation doesn`t occur naturally, everything is part of something. Humans are inclined to be a social and gregarious group. Although, there are the loan wolves to every pack , we generally need company. I find inspiration comes particularly from interaction. I am very rarely struck by `idea lightening` in solitude. The broader the parameters of my research, the more confident I become in the theories of interconnection that are found in Cosmology and Astrophysics, and taught by the Dalai Lama.


I am fortunate to have a strange and wonderfull and eclectic bunch of friends, all with their own individual take on things.They are all constant inspiration to me. The top panorama picture is Jake in his studio.


`There is a growing interest amoung the scientific community in Buddhist philosophical thought. I am optomistic that over the next few decades there will be a great change in our world view both from the material and spiritual perspectives`.
Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment