Wednesday 2 December 2009

Standard Model Insomnia

Ceiling in the Camden Centre, London


Large Hadron Collider ,Cern

Celing St. Pancras Station.London.
I see geometry and it sees me.
I wonder how many other poor (tierd) soles lie awake at night and consider the standard model. The current full moon in Cancer, keeps me awake with deep thoughts and a strange stomach. That reminds me of the Joni Mitchell song that begins
`Born with the moon in Cancer,
Choose her a name that she`ll answer to...`
I am not a follower of the Zodiac, but I believe in everything.
Speculating in the wee small hours, If the Hadron collider does its stuff , the missing gaps in the currently accepted table of sub atomic particles will be completed . First ,hopefully with observations of evidence to support super symetry theory. Then perhaps a place for dark matter, Higgs energy and the Higgs boson. Then maybe, maybe, maybe, String Theory... huzzah huzzah my favorite. Real Science crochet. If not then what.
The search must go on, for an explanation, for a description, for reasons. You can search for science or for God, you will find what you are looking for. When you decide you have found it , I suppose. Otherwise, we must consider the infinite nature of all things.
How long is a piece of string?

No comments:

Post a Comment